It's good to check in on yourself from time-to-time, sort of like a boss doing a review of your performance so far. As soloprenuers we often become complacent in checking in on ourselves because of the whole "accountable to no one syndrome". But here's the catch: you are accountable...to yourself. Take a few minutes to think about and answer the following questions today as we start this last full week of February.
- Is your income for the first two months matching up to your expectations? No? Then what can you do today to improve that going forward? Do you need new clients, more completed products (books or eCourses), or a different marketing strategy?
- Are you on track to meeting your writing deadlines? If you plan on having four books out this year, now that it's almost March, how does that look? Are you close? If not, reevaluate your time management strategy.
- Have you attempted at least one new thing to expand your business? Whether that's starting a blog, a newsletter, a Facebook group, joining a local freelance networking association, or anything else that will expand your reach, have you done it? If not, why?
- Have you streamlined your days so that you are spending your limited time only on productive activities that benefit your long-term vision? That means cutting out Facebook scrolling or texting, anything that is simply a time-waster. What can you do going forward that will make your days more productive? Remember: work smarter not harder.
- What's your overall attitude? Are you still as excited today as you were on January 1? If not, why? That is a telling sign that things are going off the rails and today is the day you need to get back on track. If you are still as excited...or more so...then celebrate! Keep it up!
Amber Lea Easton
Amber Lea Easton is a multi-published author of nonfiction, thrillers, and romantic suspense. A professional editor and freelance journalist for nearly two decades, she created Mountain Moxie Publishing Services to assist authors in mastering the writing craft. Her memoir, Free Fall, is dedicated to spreading suicide awareness, has topped international best selling charts, and has been named by Dr. Prem as fourth on the "Ten Most Inspiring True Stories Everyone Must Read" list. Easton is also a speaker regarding parenting through trauma and suicide awareness. To discover more about Mountain Moxie Publishing Services, please go to http://www.moxiegirlwriting.com. For a list of all of Easton's books, articles and interviews, go to http://www.amberleaeaston.com.